Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 May 2017

What a day!



I tell you, some days there is no cricket news and some days it is all cricket, which was just like yesterday.

I nipped to Tesco and was home with my vegan quorn chunks just in time for start of play.
I was julienning my carrots  when TLJL was bowled, I nearly  sliced through my nail!
However we still had Brooksy who was trying to get to his century.

I was just adding  my thai green curry paste to the pan when it happened, yes indeed, the headband warrior scored his maiden century.
I was whooping and crying, could the day get any better!


When yes it could.

Just as I was about to make a start on the nut roast, Brooksy took  the first wicket.

 and then HRR only took two more wickets to add to his FC haul.

It was turning out to be some day. Cooking and cricket wise!

Close saw Lancs on 264-6.

it looks like a draw but hey after the heroics of the middle and tail over the weekend , anything could happen today!

Hampshire are having a good try at making sure  that I don't get to see them play Div1 cricket again as they were thrashed by Essex in under 3 days.
Come on boys I really want another trip down to the lovely Ageas bowl next season, I am saving up my air miles!


Over in Div 2, Notts were held up in their victory charge against Glamorgan.

Worcestershire decided to take on the County Championship in the same way that they had taken on the One Day matches and had two centurions  and Commando Boy took 2-49.

It was all going off!


Its all going off here too, as I am having intermittent internet!!!

Which worries me slightly.

It has so far this morning taken me over an hour to log on so whilst I still have some signal. I will sign off.

Have a great Monday and come on Yorkshire


No comments :