Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 May 2017

It's Thursday



but its not just any Thursday....................................its a winning Thursday!!!

Yes indeedy!

So yesterday morning was about work and worry, it was a good job that I had cried off going to Headingley as I discovered that the limo has a little oil leak, trip to garage and its booked in for tomorrow.

Radio was on at 10.55am and I was working through my in tray listening as 'Bambi boy' racked up runs for Durham. He was the one that everyone was watching when in fact they should have been keeping an eye on Cook and Richardson who both got centuries after Bambi fell for 72.

Durham  put on 335-5, quite a score and one that was going to take some chasing.

Lyth and Bairstow opened and when Adam went for 16, Jonny changed gears and went for it.
he got his century just before I left the office, I went to the post office and quickly to the garage and by the time I got home he had hit 174 and was out! He had really put his foot down!.
Root and Ballance did there thing but it was down to 'little Timmy Bresnan' and 'downunder Tyke' Handscomb to finish the match.

A brilliant win with 6 wickets in hand.

There was much yahoooing in the chateau I can tell you

So Jonny B 174 off 113 balls, yes I can see it now, I love it when he steps up. He is the nemesis of the Durham side in the short form of cricket.

What a boy, however the rest of the team made their contribution too and it was a great game with a thrilling run chase.

Elsewhere  Middlesex beat Hants ( much to my disappointment) and Northants and Worcestershire  tied their game.

Its hotting up.

I'm stepping up  a gear now for another day of 'fun' in the 'oriface'

And then home to finish the garden and get sorted.
it is nearly another cricket weekend.









No comments :