Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 May 2017

It was a bit of a day

Well I set off to Headingley bright and early and arrived as the sun was really heating up.
I checked   in at the lodge and then headed over to see Cally and give him some homemade chutney and have a chat.

Well just before play was due to start the heavens opened and I decided to have a walk intoHeadingley.

Play started at 11.30am and I got myself settled, Yorkshire took 2 very early wickets and the sun was  beating down.

Then Jim and his besty mate tipped up and we decided to have a 'tipple' which turned into 2 or 3 and then the heavens opened and the rain became torrential

We headed to the Long Room and  waited for the rain to stop, whilst watching the ODI on TV.

Sun back out and then the match was called off much to the annoyance of the South African team who were not at all best pleased.

I am guessing that Michael Gough was on the golf course by 4pm and in the bar before 7pm

We decided to head off to the Original Oak, I went to get changed and then disaster struck

In a frenzy of rain and lager, I had lost Pink Hippo............I text Jim and then rain downstairs, Jim was asking the stewards if they had seen him, I was beside myself, then  I found him on the floor by our seats,soaking wet and very dirty.

I took him over to the Lodge where Gemma one of the wonderful staff, looked after him.


We saw England win the One Day series, however my thoughts on this is that South Africa will be regrouping.


I got back to the lodge before 7pm, picked up Pink Hippo and put him on the bathroom towel heater.....where he still is looking very sorry for himself.

I am packed and ready to head home, where I have to call at  Kiki's house before going home and maybe hanging some wallpaper.

It was a great day with friends even though the weather was not kind

I am hoping for better weather next weekend.
 Right time to set off home

have a wonderful Sunday



1 comment :

Ali said...

great, are you following champions trophy ??