Powered By Blogger

Saturday 27 May 2017

Bank Holiday weekend.





It has dawned another glorious morning but if the weather man is to be believed there are storm clouds a brewing for later!

Not the kind of news that I want to hear.

yesterday I took a half day and headed home to sit in the garden for a couple of hours.................well that was never going to happen,  instead, I managed to get the last of the furniture off to the people who are living in Ladylaineyville due to war in their own country.
I cooked and I did some tidying up.....................note that I did not do any washing though!

I am saving this for tomorrow!

Today sees the England v South Africa match down at the Ageas Bowl  and news is that Stokes is fit to play..........................until Monday when he will no doubt be sidelined for the rest of the summer.

South Africa A are at Headingley  taking on a Yorkshire side that looks like the 2nd XI. Why not bring out the big guns on a bank holiday weekend?



Essex made an amazing start in their game against Surrey yesterday reducing them to 31-5 in less than 10 overs.
However a cracking 177 by soon to be retired Kumar Sangakkara brought them to 334-7 at stumps.
that is some comeback. I will however be cheering the Essex boys on again today.

Kent meanwhile are taking on 'Suck eggs' and looked to be doing OK on day one.


I read that T20 Internationals could now include DRS!!!
Seriously, lets just do away with umpires altogether.

Right I am not goign to get off on a rant o n this lovely sunny Saturday.


So now I have quite a lot to do and then I am out the door to bask in what ever sunshine we get and hopefully not get too wet in the threatened thunder storms

Until tomorrow




No comments :