Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 April 2017

Peaceful Sunday morning



It is a beautiful morning, I was up and out having a walk around a very silent town at 5.30am this morning, I even beat the dog walkers!

There is a chill in the air but hey it is still April ( just) and at least it is dry and bright. The beds are stripped and very shortly it will be hanging on the line. And then a morning of cooking will begin.

So to yesterday.

after clearing away the mess that had been curry making the night before in a haze of martinis, I  was tuned t'wireless ready for the start of play at Nottingham.

Sophie was sending me updates and pictures ( TLJL). Yorkshire put Notts into bat and it took over 10 overs before the first wicket fell.
They did however manage  to have them all out for 185.

We could do this..................and we did, with 7 wickets in hand.
The match was an odd one  in that Joe Root was facing his brother Billy who is now with Notts.
Twitter was alive with pics of the brothers heading to the match together.

This was the only cricket played yesterday , although today there is chuffing loads on.

I am preparing for tomorrow when I am off to Headingley, members forum first and then cricket. and catching up with the gang.


Last night BKOTF and I went out to the wilds of North Yorkshire for an drink  in a country pub and a proper catch up.

Things are hotting up for the Black Knight as he is looking to get his company into Scandinavia ( not surprising after spending half the winter out there), I joking asked if he was considering buying himself an island in Sweden......................the look on his face made me wonder if he already has!


I was home and in bed by 11pm.

My life seems to be becoming very boring, home in bed at 11pm on a bank holiday weekend?

ah well since it took me until Wednesday to recover from my weekend in Southampton, probably for the best and  try to pace myself.


Well off to blitz chickpeas, make korma, bake some bread and then clean the car out ( it looks as if pigs have been living in it)

Right off to do stuff.


Until tomorrow

No comments :