Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 February 2017

The birds are in full voice



Well the birds were singing their little hearts out at 4am this morning and had been singing until well after 6pm last night, its a sure sign that spring is on the way, even though they are saying that there may still be snow heading over to us.

I much prefer the chirping of the birds to the ringing of the phone in the early morning however that's sorted and now fort he rest of the day.

Former Yorkshire coach Jason Gillespie has been pushing for former Yorkshire overseas player Glenn Maxwell to be given the nod for the 2nd test in Bangalore.
With Mitch Marsh coming under scrutiny over score of 4 & 32 in two innings, Gillespie thinks that Maxwell is the man for the job however  he does however think that a change is unlikely but is pushing 'The Big Show' as a good option.

Durham 'unveiled' Ian Botham as their new Chairman, yesterday and he said that the points thrown at them at the end of last season as well as relegation, would not stop them achieving success.
Financial woes have been sorted and the team are ready to move on.
Lets hope that finances have been able to provide a wine cellar fit for the new Chairman.

As the start of the season draws closer my thoughts are turning to matches that I will be attending.
I have made some cuts in my season this year so that I can head out to 'La belle france' to sort out some things sooner rather than later.
I foresee a lot of travelling on the horizon and I don't mean just the A1 (probably the A26 to the Champagne region).
however the A1 is the port of call today so I had best head out.

Last day of February today. That should raise a smile






No comments :