Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 February 2017

Final F(ryan)day






So as we know an era is coming to an end at Yorkshire, so too an era is coming to an end here at 'Tales from the Boundary.'

yes I have decided that this will be the last F(ryan) day  after nearly 5 years.
As we have said all good things come to an end and a change is as good as a rest and all that malarkey.

So yesterday as I was having a little shifty through the restaurants for sale in France ( a you do!), I happened upon a town called 'Tourettes'.........................yes well I thought I would comment on how apt it would be for me to live there before the Dame piped up.

Nice little restaurant of up to 59covers BUT in the South of France, where I have no desire to live. So that was the end of that,
The place in Northern France is still winning at the mo although I have spotted something near to the Luxembourg border.

However that is all in the future and now time to recap on all things crickety

The real Australia were all out for 280 and India are 70 -3 at lunch.
The pick of the Australian batsmen being Renshaw and Starc with 68 & 61 respectively.

And talking batsmen.................................well the word, in Australia the ladies of cricket have been pushing for the ( overly used in my opinion) word 'batter' to apply to someone at the crease and for there to just be a 'twelfth' rather than twelfth man!!!!.

Seriously!! ????

Well being involved in cricket and catering all my life I know one thing, there is no batter in cricket but there is lots in pancakes ( especially next week when it is  'Fat Tuesday') and Yorkshire pudding.

What next?

No more 'fine leg 'in case ladies are upset, we could have 'fairly curvy  leg'

And no more 'Cow corner' ? so as not to offend non meat eaters we could have 'TVP corner' ( that's textured vegetable protein to the meat eating readers).

This is silly, I seriously think that using the word 'batter' is a form of laziness rather than an issue.

Right off my high horse and  into the horse power as I head off down the A1.

have a great ( and last) F(ryan)day where ever you are






No comments :