Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 February 2017

Closer to the weekend






Well what a day yesterday was in every way!
Firstly and quickly, I had my scans and it was decided that I have had mumps and been left with an enlarged salivary gland,
This explains why I am totally worn out and I was told that when I had pleurisy it may have masked the signs of mumps.
Well at least I now know that it is nothing more sinister.
And so an end of updates from 'Emergency ward 10'
Time to move on and get myself better!

However I sort of wished that I had stayed in the scanner when I saw the cricket.
I am not sure really where to start apart form the fact that Chahal along with Bumrah ( again ) made short work of  England.
When a team lose 8 wickets for 8 runs and lose a T20 series it is hard to find anything positive to say.
I am positive that it is time to look at the captaincy and I am positive that  some of the team should not be there,
I am positive that things need a mahoosive shake up.

The wheels have well and truly come off the wagon and anyone who says that the team are tired and need a break needs to have their bumps felt.
This is their job and they need to suck it up and make it work.
We have a big summer ahead of us International wise and at this rate we will be even more of a laughing stock than we are today.

Harsh  but fair I feel.

I have read that Joe Root is asking the ICC for T20 umpiring reviews. Seriously it is 20 overs ( or in yesterdays case 16 overs). why not run 20 overs without umpires and thrown a coin to see if they are in or out. I am despairing at the fact that umpires are now questioned on everyone of  their decision ( rightly in some cases) but hell if it was good enough for Daddy HRR and the likes!!!!!!
I fully appreciate that the technology is there, but it does lead to the fact that it is steering to the omission of the umpires from the field and everything done from a screen indoors,


OOOHHHHH breathe!!!!!!!


Today I am back to the office and all that entails. Which will be a sudden rise in blood pressure and drinking too much caffeine.

Time to go,



No comments :