Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 January 2017

Things are moving along nicely



So the end of the week is nearly in sight and it hasn't been too bad.
I just have to get through the scan next week and the results and I can then started on the 'pre season' things.

1. Trip to Wentworth

2. Trip to the National Coal Mining Museum

3. AGM

4. Dubai ( fingers crossed)

In between these things, there is some serious work to be sorted. ( which may jeopardise  no3).
I am prepared to forgo number 3 ( for the umpteenth time,) so that I can break the back of major project (visits & all)  and have most of the summer watching as much cricket as holibobs allow.

There I have made a plan and I need to stick with it.

I also need to make a plan re The chateau and whether I will be downsizing in the coming year.

Right onto more important things.

There was sad news  yesterday when Lancashire announced that Tom Smith their Captain  would be retiring forthwith due to injury.
Tom may have  played on the 'dark side' but a great player he most certainly was. Having watched   him over the years I am sad to see him move on.
I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Well after Gary Ashworth light-heartedly put the cat amongst the pigeons with a tweet yesterday morning pertaining to  Aussies suitable to be a much needed 'Yorkshire overseas player'. I have to say that I am disappointed Danni Minogue didn't get a chance, but I am still  holding out for Nick Cave!!

It had to be one of the best tweets I have seen in ages and had me laughing most of the morning.

I am however putting my 'boonarang' on Bouncer from Neighbours!

News from Trevor Bayliss re The Champions Trophy shows that 'holiday freeloader' Steve Finn looks to be in contentions again. How many hols can this boy get from the ECB?
Mark Wood  is also being talked about, he seems to be the one trick pony, who sadly  is having fetlock problems!(OK ankle!!)
I don't get why they are looking players who either don't play or are injured.

OOOOOHHHHHH tooo early for one of my rants I think.


OOOOHHHHHH though to Abraham Benjamin who hit a half century, 63 to be precise, against Sri Lanka on his return to cricket after six month out with an elbow injury.
I know that he wont be playing in  the tests here but he will be with the team!


And with that I am heading out in to Thursday,

Have a good one.



No comments :