Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 January 2017

the kitchen makeover begins in earnest




well after yesterdays complete shambles of a blog, I am taking it carefully today!

I was pleased to find out that I had managed to post the blog version 2 in time for Dave to read as he walked over the car park.

Today I am also up and about super early, as young Rhys is coming to make a start on the kitchen.

I also have guests for dinner tonight?

Who thought  of that?????

Well I am sure there is a mountain of curry in the freezer that can be 'nuked' and if they don't like it they needn't come again! (I don't mean that at all)..

I do have some soup on as we speak ( 'end of the week soup' ie  everything that was left in the fridge  thrown in to a pan).

You will notice that there has been no mention of  washing!!!

Well obviously that will be for another day !

I tried to immerse myself in a 'little bubble of calm' yesterday at Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, but that got shot out of the window within less than an hour.

To be replaced by my 'little bubble of excitement' when the announcement was made that Little Timmy Bresnan has been made Vice Captain of the Yorkshire team.
What brilliant news that is and it jolly well brightened my day, which was in much need of some sparkle.
I personally, as I have said, thought that he should have been Captain.................but what do I know.

The team for the  WI's ODI squad was announced and obviously they are of  the thought that David Willey will be repaired and will not break again as his name was in the hat. It was looking very like 'Yorkland' .

Not a bad thing though.

And talking West Indies, they announced that they have appointed Stuart Law as their new coach, he will be working closly with Jimmy Adams who was only recently appointed as Director of Cricket.
Lets see what Aussie magic he brings to the team.

Today, apart from the banging and sawing and hammering that will be going on in the kitchen. is a full on cricket day. There is South Africa on Sky and The Big Bash final in channel 5.
So if you Rhys needs tea, he will have to do it himself as I will be wrapped in blanky and lounging on the sofa.

Have a splendid cricket day.




No comments :