Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 January 2017

I appear to be bouncing back




Well it is Tuesday and I appear to have some curls back.

Its a  bit of a relief but I  still can't get it coloured yet. I will see what the hairdresser says later in the week. I am looking a very dull orange rather than my usual 'vibrant' colour.

As if I don't have enough going on, yesterday I  signed up for a level 3 Sports nutrition course and within  half an hour of telling a friend this, I had 3 people asking if they can come to talk to me when I have finished  the course.
To be honest I think that I am going to be using them as guinea pigs  whilst  doing the training.

I am running this along side the life coaching and NLP courses, I guess it will keep me out of mischief.

The one thing that drew me  towards this course was the module on vegan and vegetarian diet in sport.

Obviously with my catering background, food is a big part of my life, I despair at all people who talk 'clean eating' post pictures of their food with chocolate spread  to name but one thing. Because chocolate isn't a processed food!!!!???
I am sick of faddy eaters.

However that aside it will be interesting to see what I personally get out of this let alone the 'Thai boxers' who are making enquiries!

 On the crickety front, not a lot to report, but I did read a great article.
Entitled ' When you're neutral ( calm) v When you're partisan( crazy).

Do I behave differently when watching a team that I have no allegiance to?

I love cricket whether it is club, school, international or domestic, but does it affect how I feel/behave?

 A very interesting read and it got me thinking about how I conduct myself at  cricket.

I tend to sit relatively quietly and take in what is going on, I have only once really let any real emotion show in public  and sadly that was caught on Sky. Crying at Lords when your team lose appears to be very unsportsmanlike, however what could not be seen,  two of my friends from opposing sides shaking hands on the field. That was really the cause of the bulk of the tears.

I do not go down the 'born again' cricket fan route, being so vocal about the  new hobby ( even when you are completely wrong in what you are saying despite digesting 'The laws of cricket' for breakfast) and sit at the match tweeting and tagging in every cricketer who has hit/caught/bowled the ball, in the hope that they will follow you.


I think that I am neutral when I need to be and partisan when the stakes are high.
 
I may write in an overly zealous way about Yorkshire during the season but it is my blog and I am allowed to do that.Although of course there are people who HAVE to make  negative comments about this.
They are obviously  partisan.

One thing I do know is that I am counting down the days until the start of the season.
Now that is one event that I am partisan about. No amount of cricket on TV can make up for the real thing!

Roll on April.





No comments :