Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 January 2017

England or IPL




Well now, I have been reading up on the central contract system to see how badly off England  players are that they are 'hawking their mutton' in the IPL.

It now seems that all the T20 action around the world and the money that it pays players is effecting the fact that they have been chosen to play for their Countries. The annoying thing is that they may be allowed to go to the BBL or IPL, but during the summer they are not allowed to play for their counties!
However it appears that the ECB may clamp down on Captain Morgan, and his IPL adventure.
It does seem that it is about money now and gathering as much as they can.
It doesn't help with fitness in the English season either as some players seem to be playing 12 months of the year and not really giving their bodies a rest.

Just a little observation and you may or may not agree , but somehow I do think that there needs to be some kind of agreement with International players  as too playing in only one  T20 series ( e.g either CPL, IPL ,BBL or RamSlam)

OK enough venting .

Back in the desert T20, Scotland beat The Netherlands  and Ireland  kept their dreams alive as they beat Namibia.

Well after a very fraught week, I got back blood tests last night  and apparently I am 'as fit as a lop' ( Docs words not mine).I still have to go for a scan in a couple of weeks, just to back the test up.
 I am also doing something today  that I never do. I am taking a days holiday today just to try to pull myself together a little bit.
I feel like a well wrung out dish cloth, so thought that I would take a step back and recharge my batteries.
And keep up with my Strikers in their last match in the BBL.They won't be going any further but they are still my 'adopted' boys.

have a great day.............................I am going back to bed for a couple of hours!


No comments :