Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 January 2017

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!


Well, well, well, What the Donald Duck can you say about yesterdays cricket.

If you are from India, you will say that a tremendous  final over by Bumrah gave them a five run win over England.

If you are a sore losing Irsihman, you will say that poor umpiring decisions cost England the match.

What is your version of events.

Mine?

Well I am not sure that Rooty was out but he was given, England should have won this but they didn't
There is no point in crying over spilt milk, time to move onto Wednesday and the final match in the series.

The Man with no lips has also been talking to the press about how he would love to go back to Perth Scorchers end of this year if England don't call.
Really????!!!!!

The 34 year old still thinks that he has a chance when there are so many youngsters on the sidelines???
 I would be very disappointed if England did recall him, especially as I personally think that the way forward ( as they seem to be doing now in Australia), is bringing the youngsters forward and giving them a chance instead of hanging onto deadwood.

My opinion only.

Knowing that the selectors are very 'boys club' I would imagine that 'no lips' would be thrown in to the mix still.

Worrying talk filtered through to I Lady Lainey, talk in Australia is that T20 could usurp Test Cricket!!!!!????

Seriously????!!!!

3 hours cricket could replace 5 days????!!!!

This is my worry that the format of test/ county cricket is replaced with the 'one night stand' of the game.

I know about bums on seats and I know about maximum profit for minimum outlay,but seriously how can anyone think that T20 would ever be better that a Test Match.

Test and county cricket may look like a woman in her latter years still trying to compete with the thrilling stunning younger model, but there is a wealth of knowledge in that woman,and  knowledge is far more alluring.
Knowledge will always win hands down.
My opinion only

Well on that note I guess I had better go and see what is happening in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office as Trill Boy reckoned he was going in to do some work yesterday..................................probably went in to make calls and use the internet........................











No comments :