Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 January 2017

Bonjour le weekend



Bonjour from The Chateau, I have only  been awake  for a half hour  and am still in bed typing this on the 'lapdog'!
I fear that this weekend may be given up to sleeping and generally being lazy..............well it has been my first week back at work this year!

So last night I had a young pup of a joiner call round to quote me on putting in some new worktops dans la cuisine. The whole of la cuisine is in the midst of a makeover and this will be the one thing that draws it all together.
I was very impressed by his professionalism and hope to get some of the other joinery jobs done here.

As I speculated the other day, Virat Kohli has been named as India captain after the resignation of MS Dhoni. Another good prediction this week.

Well the ECB have somehow managed to get Investec to opt to use a break clause  in their 10 year sponsorship contract, meaning that they are pulling out after 6 years. Hmmmm I wonder who the ECB can get to stump up £50m to take their place.

The Abbott debate still rolls on, poor bloke hasn't even got here and County players are having a go at him!
I am sure that he has not done this lightly and will have weighed up the pros and cons.

Well its time to haul myself out of bed and get cooking as The Dame is tipping up for lunch after having her barnet chopped.

So I need to get myself into gear.

And the rest of the day will hopefully be about  dropping things at the charity shop and then coming home for a nap.

well short one today

until tomorrow





No comments :