Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 January 2017

A sad day for the ladies



very sad news filtered through last evening that the greatest English women's cricketer , Rachael Hayhoe-Flint, had passed away aged 77.
Flint is probably the first name of a woman cricketer that we ever knew, and to me she was an inspiration. I remember watching her being interviewed when I was younger and thinking 'I want to play cricket like her'.
I found this picture of her and had to laugh as even when I played  ( and was coached by the great Harry Latchaman) I wore the same kind of 'shorts' as those!  We all did as we tipped up for matches every Sunday morning for 'Harefield Ladies'.
None  of the 'long trousers' we were there in our 'ladylike' version of whites.

Her impact on woman's cricket here in England was immense, she was a strong woman with an even stronger voice.

RIP


In other cricket news,after my mini rant about IPL over England, it was announced yesterday that Joe Root would not be putting himself forward, so that he could spend more time with his new son.

Ireland beat the UAE in the Desert T20 and qualify for the semi finals.

And then last night............................................


.....................word came through that Abraham Benjamin would not be playing in the test matches in England later this year!!!!!  WHAAATTTT!!!!!

I quickly sent a tweet to Sophie, we were both beside ourselves.

Then Yorks CCC  Chairman  and all round good egg  Steve Denison tweeted that AB would be playing one day matches. So guess that I might have to get myself along to Headingley in May.

I tell you if 'The Stare' bottles out of the tour I could be on the next plane to South Africa  to give him a swift kick up the jacksie!!


And what about me.

Well yesterday as you know, I took a days holiday and went back to bed after posting my blog.
Then before lunch I had a walk into town, bought a lot of reduced Xmas bits and put them away in Narnia until later in the year
Came home has some lunch and went back to bed to watch a DVD.
Around dinner time I sort of got my 'secondwind' as I prepared risotto.
Tonight's meal is all prepared, just to be cooked and my lunch for today is in the fridge waiting for me.
I even had time to tackle ( unsuccessfully) the little corner shelves of the pantry.

No wonder I was back in bed before 7pm!!

And today?

Well I am up, dressed and trying to do something with the oddly strange straight hair.

Hope my curls come back, I feel very 'unlainey' without them.

No comments :