Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 December 2016

F(ryan)day & Christmas Eve eve



Today I am 'dog sitting', yes I am looking after Lucky, my besty friend Francesca's dog. I wonder how much mischief we get into?

The full ICC 'dream team' was named yesterday and they had Cook as Captain, I am thinking that they had been holed up in a bar without sky earlier this week. Jonny B and Little Joey Root were also in the team as well as Dale 'The stare' Steyn *swoons*.

I am keeping everything crossed that he is fit to play when I go to Trent Bridge next year, that will be an interesting match.

yesterday was full on busy from the moment that I finally got out of bed. I was visiting and dropping off cards and shopping and believe me with sprouts at 19p a bag at Aldi you would be wise to give the Chateau a miss for the next week or so.

The fridge is nearly full, I only have to get some vermouth for the Christmas morning martinis and then I think that I am set, however if I forget anything I have it on good advice that the Coop at New Shildon is open!!!
Now I do not approve of this at all, Christmas is Christmas and shops should be closed. I appreciate that services work ( I am from a family of Fire service and Police so know this well), but seriously a little Coop opening on Christmas day?????

After seeing how people were shopping yesterday I was sure that we were either

1. expecting 20feet of  snow

2. The apocalypse!

3. Everyone to tip up at your door on Xmas morning

I don't enter into the mad panic buying, I get what I need ( and believe me I need 5 bags of Brussel Sprouts).

There is some Big Bash cricket going on in Australia but as Sky are not showing it and Channel 5 are only showing certain matches (ones with HWMNBNITB by the look of it), i am short on cricket news and severely deprived of stick and ball.

Oh well best get the hoover out and finish of upstairs, make the beds for guest next week and then have a walk with lucky.

What better way to spend Christmas eve eve.

I know that there was not picture of HRR today, but here's another one of Lucky.

have a good one!








1 comment :

ricky said...

Have a lovely xmas eve Lains, BT Sport showing big bash I've been watching