Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 December 2016

and it's Monday again






And Monday again. And I can feel that it is going to be a long one, especially after another night without any sleep,

Ah well I am close to shut down so will  be able to sleep to my hearts content.
Yesterday involved lots of visiting and dropping off cards and presents, before heading home and trying to get some things done.

I have been listening to the test and also to the updates on the day/night  match in Australia.
The new improved Australia team  got a bit of a shock when Pakistan edged towards what had been thought of an unachievable total. Sadly they did fall short but it must have been some great match.
Australia do look as if they are getting their act together.

In India, the hosts are trailing by 14 runs , and we are looking for a drawn match.

Listening to TMS  they are reviewing the season of 2016.Which got me thinking about what stood out for me.

I do think that the last over of the World T20 when Carlos Brathwaite smashed Ben Stokes bowling had to be a fabulous over of amazing shots. He was cool as a cucumber too.

However for me it was the 4 hit by HRR at Lords to take Yorkshire over the 350 mark giving them a chance of being in for the Championship.

We all know how it panned out and sadly not how us Yorkies wanted it.but the days I had a Lords are ones that I will never forget. Not just for the cricket but for the great time that I had with friends, both Yorkshire and Middlesex.

We are all waiting now for the start of the 2017 season.

However before anything close to that I have to get through today.

See you tomorrow.


No comments :