Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 November 2016

No one likes a leak!

Sorry Chairman I 'stole'your picture



Well Monday was supposed to be DDAY or CDay as we were reliably informed that our beloved Yorkshire would be unveiling the new coach.
That was until The Guardian went and announced it yesterday.
Yes they announced that Captain Gale would take over as the first team coach.
Well I hadn't seen that coming!
That leads the question of who will be Captain.
As stated in June when we suffered a terrible defeat in a white ball game, I personally don't think that Lees is ready to step up to the plate and take on the Captaincy , in fact I will go out on a limb and say that I don't feel that he should be short form Captain this year.
Please be advised that this is my own personal view and based on what I have seen over the last couple of seasons.

Back to Galey or Coach as he should be known if the paper is correct!
if he has the job then Yorkshire think that he will take us to the top  of the championship next season and I for one hope that they are right.
if he is the chosen one then I am right  behind him

But it still leaves the issue of the captaincy.The only contender that I can see is Little Timmy Bresnan, he could fit the role and be a great Captain.
Loyalty, amazing all rounder and mature enough to take on the mantel.

I would have liked to have seen His Royal Ryanness as coach, he is a loyal Yorkshireman, and yes he went south for a few seasons but it only made him stronger. He still delivers and although he has a couple of breakdowns ( and yes I will slap his legs if I see him near a football next season ) he is still The Rolls Royce of the team.
 Just don't get me started on a 2 month benefit!

Oh dear I am off on a rant.

So where does that place us now.

Well if the rumours are to be true we are now fully stocked, coach and all.

We have the winter to get sorted and I know that TLJL will be in cracking form next April and could be a Captain in waiting.

And lastly, was there a leak to the press?, well if so it is jolly well not on.
All us Yorkies were waiting patiently for the news to be announced this morning and then some snitch let the cat out of the bag.

'Winds' of change for our boys, a new era begins.

'Gale' force efforts expected.

Will we all be 'blown away' at the end of next season

only time will tell

COYT!



No comments :