Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 November 2016

It's a Yorkshire F(ryan)day



Good morning from Headingley,I am sitting drinking my coffee and gazing out on to the hallowed turf....................just one problem, at 11am no cricketers will walk out to the crease.

I completely threw the girls in the Hotel when I tipped up, never known to be here 'out of season'.
There was a purpose to my winter arrival.

It was too be a fun evening out with my cricket chums and at 6pm Clare and Olivia arrived and we had early evening snacks and wine............................and lots and lots of cricket chat

we  had all donned our finery and hit The Long Room  for the play 'When the eye is gone' about Colin Milburn. For me this was very close to home ( literally) as it was based in the bar of my old 'local'.
If you have a chance to see this play, GO!!!!!

It will make you laugh, it will make you think about the  genius of Colin, and it will make you think about the  fact that he had no real support or back up after his life changing accident.

Dan Gaisford was brilliant as Colin and  a great evening was had by all.

The PCA are trying to highlight and educate about personal development and well being, in particular mental health.

There have been many instances  of tragedy  amongst cricketers, Mark Saxelby is the main one that comes to mind for me.
the PCA are trying to support and  help everyone to understand the issues faced.

Very thought provoking and a great evening with friends too.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Clare and Olivia for making  it a super start to my birthday weekend and for the gift which will not be opened until Tuesday.

And as I am sitting looking out on my favourite view, listening to  the events in India, I am just thinking what a fabulous F(ryan)day it is.

I will be heading off to Harrogate later for a spot of lunch and some retail therapy ( Christmas pressies) and then home to go out for dinner.

Have a great day.




No comments :