Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 November 2016

It's my blinking Birthday!




Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday on my 21st
Even though the Chairman says I'm 60!!!

Oh yes it is the best day of the year in The Chateau, it is my birthday and to say that I am super excited is an understatement.

I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I may have to go to the office but that  makes no difference. I will ignore the uncouth and totally stupid office boys, I will wear my best tiara and  I will smile and be happy all day!

Well I may struggle in the  office with the last two!!!

I have had a super busy 'birthday' couple of weeks and this  will continue until this weekend, when it will culminate with a 'grand lie in'  eg get up at 6am rather than 5.30am,.............oh hang on  there is cricket on, so maybe not!

So I am waiting in the home office above the front door, for the sound of the Yorkshire CCC team arriving with my 'humongous' bouquet of white roses, I leave for the work office at 7.30am so they need to get a wriggle on.

I have opened my cards, but thought that I would save  my pressies ( bar one) until tonight, when I get home, as tonight I am home alone and having special dinner and wine...............all to myself!!!!
I am saving myself for Friday when I will be on a mahoosive night out.

I already know what is in the small box that I was given 2 weeks ago and managed to refrain from opening.  Well worth it as it is a spectacular. This was the only pressie that I opened this morning as an early  call from Iceland ( the island not the store) told me to get it open!

So is there any other news today apart from the obvious birthday!?!?!?

Well yes! Yorkshire finally got to unveil Galey Lad as the new coach, which should have brightened any Yorkshire fans Monday, had The Guardian not blabbed it on Sunday, I will not be reading this paper again............ever!

Good luck to Andrew in his new role and I expect nothing less than the Trophy back home at the end of next season. So no pressure what so ever!

Can we also have some overseas  players who are not Antipodean? Lets really shake things up!


Talking Antipodean,  South Africa were  sort of giving the convicts a master class in Test cricket.
And by 'sort' of I mean they were thrashing them!
Australia were defeated by an innings and 80 runs.

not much more you can add to that!

The BBC sport held a poll to find out who we thought the best England Captain is/was.
I thought that Captain Cook would take the honour, but surprisingly ( or not) the winner was Mike Brearley.
A good choice me thinks.

Andrew Strauss came in 3rd, not very high on my list of anything ( see last Yorks match last season).

Anyhooooo less cricket more birthday!!!!


I am now in the entrance hall and still no sign of my boys with my bouquet, maybe they are outside Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, best dash off to check.........................

........................hands up if you think I am going to be very, very, very.very disappointed.

Oh well.



Joyeux anniversaire à moi

Bon Journee

A tout a l'heure










No comments :