Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 November 2016

Chilly morning



It's chilly here at The Chateau but luckily it's not frosty, however thermals will be in order of the day  for Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, as no doubt the landlord will have switched off the heating over the weekend meaning that the whole place will be colder than Siberia!

I had a busy day yesterday and managed to make 2 out of the 3 planned  curries, which has filled the freezer to bursting point.

I watched the cricket which was nearly over by the time I had got myself organised.

however this morning the radio has been playing to itself until I regained consciousness  at about 4.50am and it was not great listening for an England fan.I am hoping that there will be some seriously tumbling wickets  after lunch.

India are currently  358-7 leading by 75 runs, in reply to England's 283 all out.

As we head into December ( OK  I know there are 2 more days of November) The Chateau is turning into a hive of 'cricmas' activity.

Gifts are wrapped and those things that need to be posted are organised ready for the off.

This week will be busy in the evenings when I get home as I want to be able to sit back and relax  by mid December.

Whether this will happen will depend on my ability to prioritise this week and not come home and slump in front of the TV watching cheesy Christmas films.

If you saw the wonderful cricket bag that was made for me but the wonderful Catherine at 'The Cats Corset', then stay tuned as she is going to try to make me a very special bag in the next few weeks.
All top secret at the moment, but if she pulls it off it will be a stunner.


Well it's a short one today as I go to sort out the orange birdsnest and  listen to more of the cricket.

Big shout out to Rick Hartley, former groundsman at Headingley as he starts a new chapter of his life at Bradford Golf Club.
Good luck!

Right off to make myself presentable......................what ever that may look like!