Powered By Blogger

Saturday 29 October 2016

Saturday catch up









Daylight not even breaking through
The smell of French coffee as it starts to brew
Picking up the digital tone
Of TMS on  my mobile phone

No washing today to be done
Just a day of having fun
Out and about, with my much travelled friend
Seeing what Saturday  may send.

Champagne on order to enjoy with lunch
Not too much as it packs a punch
Catching up on all the news
Tales of travels and different views.

Early birthday treat for me
Starting early again I see,
My friend will not be here to cheer
The glorious 15th again this year

So making up for it this weekend
Chattering non stop, ears to bend
Will I cope without my usual chores
Of course! it's just a temporary pause.


So here's to  a fun packed day
To laughter and merriment along the way
keeping check on the  England score
wickets, runs and much more

Pack as much as we can into our time
Before goodbyes with the 21.00 chime
No time for tears or sorrow
It's back to The Chateau and normality tomorrow!









No comments :