Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 October 2016

Monday again!




Well it's Monday and it's the 5th morning of waking up  30 minutes earlier than normal ( have managed 4.45am the last 5 days).

And in less than 30 minutes from start of play, England beat Bangladesh. I am guessing that after yesterdays amazing cricket which brought Bangladesh to the crease this morning with just over 30 runs to beat England for the first time, it is fair to say that I don't think that anyone saw it going to lunch ( their lunch not ours).

What I will say is that with 26 reviews, 11 of which were over turned, I personally think that the use of gadgetry  in the game is making the umpires look incompetent, which is not a good thing.

As many of us sit through County Championship matches thinking 'that's not out' when a decision is made on the field, I still think that the Umpires decision should be final. However with the use of every possible bit of electronic wizardry and a 3rd Umpire 'rock and rolling' pictures, I just seem to think that it's ..........well just not cricket.

I appreciate that 11 decisions showed that the Umpires decision was wrong, so what is the next step, take them out of the equation all together?

Back to the game though and a well fought match by the home side which will surely have had England fans on the edge of their seat/beds this morning.

So yesterday involved a lot of cake making and baking, and cooling and wrapping and storing, ready for the next step which will be the icing!

I know how to make work for myself!

7 cakes down, 7 more to make ( give or take).

I also was knitting and had a very quick  call from Dame Didi after her treatment by  Franny the Alternative therapist.

And then it was bedtime and Sunday was over for another week.

Now I have the joys of an office full of 'eedjits' and at least 2 O& M's to get out of the door before Friday.
Add into the mix a new build in 'Larndan', with the most pedantic coordinator ever ( I have had the misfortune to work on a project with him before) and that makes for a pretty full on week.

So time to twirl the curls, wrap up warm ( well it is Monday and there will have been no heating on since Friday) and head on down the A1.

Only bright side.........................well it is still October and 'Mr October' in the YCCC calendar is still smiling.

A bientot


No comments :