Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 September 2016

Monday morning blues!



It's cold, it's dark and the birds are no longer waking me up, so this is the signal for me that summer is over.

I can now pack away the extra 'tupperwares' and clean the flasks out for the last time. Pop the cool bags back into the back of the pantry and start to fill the freezer with curries and dhals.

After having such a rollercoaster of emotions over the last few days, it is now time to get my head back into serious work mode and also to try to get done all the jobs here at the Chateau that have been on hold for 6 months.

There is a new patio to be laid for starter!!!!  And my back is aching already!

I also have a huge amount of knitting to do  in my task of making the  VERY valuable bear a jumper in every county colours.  I made a start yesterday with his Nottinghamshire jumper, which will be followed by Yorkshire, Middx,Durham, Northants and Somerset this week ( I hope, if all goes to plan).

As we settle down for 6 months of overseas cricket, thoughts turn to who is really going to take over now that we are without Gillespie the Gallant.

Rumours are flying all over the place, with Brad Hodge now being thrown into the pot.

If the self same rumours are to be believed, then Paul Farbrace has taken himself out of the equation, which for me was a relief. I was not overly keen on having him back. This is however only my view.

What I do know is that instead of speculating, we need to just wait and see what the club decide. They will do what they think is right, look what happened on 15th November 2011.  That announcement was history in the making for the club.

We now all have to be patient.


This is super short today as I have a whole lot of things to do before I head off down the A1 and Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.

Ah the 'joy' of 6 months of no cricket AND office boys...............................something has got to change!


Until tomorrow, have a great Monday.






No comments :