Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 August 2016

It's final days eve & it's F(RYAN)DAY



YOUPI!!!!

C'est F(ryan)day!

Zut alors, it is nearly time to head to Brum and cheer on my boys!

It is  however  3.30am and I am up and trying to calm myself down to get at least another hours sleep.

So what happened yesterday?


well,  Northants were taking on Surrey and boy did that game go down to the last ball.
Sadly for the 'Lardy Lads' they lost on the last ball. If it had been a dot ball it could have all been very different.

Also means that it is  the mouthy Surrey boys who got through.

luckily I didn't have to watch the over inflated ego of Jade Dernbach , the boy who draws on himself in felt pen when it rains!



Over in Kent, a long way from home, my boys put on a great batting display even though TLJL had been dropped from the team ( there were tears and tiara throwing tantrums when I saw he had been omitted).

I raced home after having my hair trimmed to find that  they had posted 29-9 in their 50 overs.

And already Kent had lost  3 wickets.

By the time I had finished  prep on the 'Finals Day cricnic'.Kent had racked up some runs and it was looking a bit 'dodgy' for my boys.

however some terrific bowling by Liam Plunkett , including a great catch, saw Kent all out for 245.

PHEWWWW!!!!!

That was a close one and I  have to say it took a little while to sink in. that they had won!!

I tell you Headingley will be rocking on 28th, and I will be there, no chance of missing this one!

Well what else to say?

well I will see you all tomorrow when I will be at Edgbaston and super flipping excited!

Think I might go and try to have an hour of shut eye!.




1 comment :

ricky said...

Enjoy the finals day lains !