Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 July 2016

A very rainy Monday



well it is a very chilly and wet start to the working week here at The Chateau, but this has done nothing to dull my mood.

Yes it was another great win by My boys yesterday  as they took on Derbyshire

They were batting first as Derbyshire won the toss and elected to bowl. Scores were not on the high side as Lyth went for 18 and T:LJL only made 1, although Willey hit 33 and teeny tiny Kiwi Kane hit 65. with little Timmy Bresnan showing that he is equally good with the bat as with the ball, hit 24 off 14 balls!.

Their innings score was 166-6.

Was this enough?

'Yupdates' were not giving me the information that I needed ( like,'what the chuff is happneing?')

In reply Derbyshire looked to be on the case and  being 7-1 at the end of the 2nd over, they were batting well and were on 80 before the fall of the next wicket.

Adil Rashid was on form as his spin bowling saw off  3 men.

It was all going on.
And they only chuffing well won by 1 run.

now it is well recorded on here about my dodgy ticker............well boys I cannot be doing with this nail biting, heart stopping stuff.

This win takes my Tykey Vikings up to 5 th place in the Northern table.

To say that i was happy is an understatement!!!

The boys then got on the coach, and were chauffeured to my former home of London, where they  are starting 4 days against Surrey.

It's going to be a big week!

And it is going to be a big week for me too, as work is piling up and I start the next batch of archiving to be sent to HQ, on top of the 4 O & M manuals that I have waiting to  be completed.

Well the win yesterday has put me in a good mood, so I am sure that  I can make it through the day today without shouting too much!

And I need lots of 'Yupdates' too!!!!




No comments :