Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 June 2016

Another week begins



Ah yes another working week and today being the first day of summer sees the weather  a tad grim, however this does not stop me from being very cheerful.

Besty friend, Black Knight of the Ferrari is back!!!!!!! He did however wait until I was all settled in my pj's waiting for rain to clear so that I could watch the gorgeous Abraham Benjamin, to tip up.
Yes the neighbours lives are once again disturbed ( as are their curtains as they twitch them), as he roars up in the 'beast'.

Well short story shorter, I was still tired from Friday nights antics, I declined getting my glad rags on and going out to eat, and 'threw' together nut cutlets with various salads and roast sweet potato.
Yes the only reason he called round was as he had nothing in his fridge!!!
What are friends for, if not to feed you when you have just arrived back from way too long on the other side of the world.


Now back to other things from yesterday

Yorkshire were holding a family fun day as well as hosting Derbyshire in T20 Blast action

Derbyshire posted 153 in their 20 overs, however rain stopped play early in Yorkshires innings and they won the match by 1 run   via the Jack and Vera ( as explained last week). This D/L is becoming more and more prevalent this season.

they then trundled to Durham were they will begin their 4 day county championship match .

Over in Barbados, the match between South Africa and Australia was abandoned due to rain.................well they had been having a draught so I guess in some ways they were happy about that.


And that is about it for today, short I know bur hey I can't be living it up all the time.........................or can I???????

Finally, Happy Birthday to Adam Morris, I remember so well the day he was born, and have to say he has grown up into a wonderful young man, a credit to his parents Rob & Pauline. ( as are the girls I hasten to add).

have a great day today what ever you are doing.


No comments :