Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Wednesday and its sunny











The blackbirds have been singing their heads off since before it was light, a very tuneful alarm call for me!

However................

First things first, My Tykes!!!


I had been very tempted to throw in another days holiday yesterday and go back to see the boys, but I resisted as I know that I have a lot to watch over the season and its not a sprint its a marathon!

So I kept up to date on Twitter.

Ahhhh little Joey Root what a chuffing star he is, he hit his double century only to fall on 213.
What an innings

We were then motoring along nicely with Rashid and Plunkett and then it started to rain.
So while the boys went back to the pavilion to watch 'neighbours' and 'Diagnosis Murder' I was catching up on all things cricket.

Now I was reading this 'thing' on the BBC cricket website about the North/South one day series. Where players are picked by computer programme, which is about to be unveiled by the ECB.


OOOHHHH  thinks I, lady Lainey, that sounds like fun!!!!

Oh yes!

 and they will play a three match series in March.


OOOHHH brilliant thinks I, Lady Lainey

Oh yes!

In Dubai!!!!

Ahhhh there had to be a catch!

Oh yes the ECB are certainly racking up their air miles with the  ideas  meaning that they all get a pre season jolly to the UAE.

Andrew Strauss is all for it!

I bet!!!

They will be looking at players for upcoming England selection

I bet!!!

That's if they can look further than the bottom of a wine glass!

This has a distinct smell about it and it isn't suntan lotion!


A first class North /South fixture was part of cricket until the early 1960's and Dubai was just grains of sand at that time.

Yes the hardy lads of yesteryear will have been out in their woolly pullies! non of this 'take it abroad' nonsense.

I wonder who they think will fill the stadium in Dubai?
There are only so many people who will take a holiday and pay the money to go to the on-going, ever increasing, 'building site' that is Dubai.

Anyhoooo back to England and most matches yesterday were affected by rain.

El Presidenti of Middx CCC text me to say that he had an early G & T and got home earlier than expected too.

So lets hope that today  is dry and warm everywhere.

Come on my boys!

COME ON YORKSHIRE!!!!!!






No comments :