Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Tykes Tuesday






well I would like to be bouncing up and down this morning but I am not for a few reasons,

1. The neighbours decided to have a domestic at 1.30am which continued until 3.00am by which time I had given up the chance to have any sleep and I was knitting!

2.Had an 'emergency' O & M  manual put on my desk yesterday at 4.23pm, which means hat the rest of the week will be panic mode.( take into account  no1. and today could be fraught!!)

3. my boys  did not bowl Somerset out!

Now I am never one to doubt my boys, so I have great faith that today they will excel with the bat.

The pick of the bowlers was Adil Rashid,the king of spin, who calmly bowls and calmly celebrates.

Overnight Adam Lyth was on 80 not out having lost his opening partner Alex Lees.

I will be listening intently ( whilst working through Mansards and rainscreens)

Over at Chester le Street, Durham seemed to be on a roll as  they had Lancashire at 21-2 at one point, however Lancashire staged a fightback and closed at  205-4.

So the first hour today I expect.

Adam Lyth to hit a century

Durham to take out at least 3 Lancashire batsmen

Well you never know!


Down at The Oval, Surrey had a right royal collapse as Middlesex had them at 134-6.
El Presidenti was not attending as he was playing golf, but he messaged me numerous times last night to let me know that he still wasn't home!
I am assuming The First Lady was!  and awaiting his return!

And finally at Nottingham Michael Lumb hit his first century since 2013. they are currently trailing Warks by 57 runs with 3 wickets in hand.

And now? well same old, off to Super swanky Lady Lainey office and another 'fun packed' day with the office boys.
I really must have done something awful in a past life.

I leave you with my thought for the day.


'Waiting to be someone else, is a waste of the person you are'


Come on Yorkshire!!!!




No comments :