Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 May 2016

Hello Monday


It's Monday and it's back to the orifice for me!

However as we all know, it's a means to an end and it is now less than 2 weeks before I will be able to see my beloved Tykes in action at Headingley.

They are, this week down in the West Country and hopefully last night did not comprise of over indulging on cider! they have some work to do today!

They managed to get 4 of the Somerset boys back to the Pavilion, with Adil Rashid taking one of the best c&b I have seen in a long time, and so calmly too.

Steve Patterson and Will Rhodes also took wickets and  with the introduction of Adam Lyth in the bowling attack it was clear to see  the impact of the injured bowler crisis.

And still no word on His Royal Ryanness or when Bressy will be back.

Somerset finished on  342-4.

The boys need to come out fighting today!

Over in Nottingham there was good news on the squad front, as 'Big' Luke Fletcher was back in the fold and boy did he show why!.
 He took 3 wickets and  hopefully has secured his place in the squad, with none of this 'loaning' him out nonsense again!.


Over at Chester le Street, Durham put on 341 runs for the loss of 6 wickets. I am willing them to beat Lancashire, but I fear that they may do a 'Durham' and fold at some point.

I would settle for a draw!


This week for me is busy with work ( yes really!) and also more things to do in the extensive grounds of the chateau, which I am putting an hour an evening to. That way I don't get sick of it and hopefully by the weekend things will be looking a lot better.


Well time and A1 wait for no Lady, so I am off to sort out my hair, after trimming my fringe last night, I think that it could be a tricky one! Luckily I have an appointment to see Jackie this week so the shaggy dog look may get tamed!

Happy Monday

No comments :