Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 May 2016

Bank holiday Monday



Welcome to the Bank holiday and the question is, how many layers will people at Trent Bridge be wearing today?

I tell you I wandered into the extensive grounds this morning in my dressing gown and it was blowing a hooley,!!!


Today however I can watch the goings on at TB from the warmth of the chateau, I will not be wandering out  at all.

But first yesterday.
So His Royal Ryanness is not playing as his ankle is giving him a bit of jip. This gave David Willey the chance to  open the bowling.
My boys got off to a slow start but by lunch they had  put the pressure on and manage to dismiss Notts by tea.......................when the skies darkened and the game was suspended.
To entertain me they showed episodes of 'Cricketing Yorkshire' which I now know nearly word perfect.

Gillespie the Gallant gave an interview where he spoke very highly of TLJL ,who isn't playing due to losing his place to little Joey Root. No worries he will be back!

Adil Rahid took some great wickets as did Jack Brooks.
Today it is all about the batting and all eyes are on Lyth and Lees!

All eyes here at The Chateau are a bit bloodshot today due to over imbibing on sherry shandies yesterday, none of that today though as in theory it is a 'school night' and back to the 'oriface' tomorrow.

I have managed to get things done here and also am 'sort' of prepared for the week, food wise, as well as getting all the washing done.

It never stops!!!
 How does one Lady generate so much washing I ask myself every week!????

I am going to hop in the shower, and get the birdsnest  orange afro washed and then settle down to the days play.

If only I was there!!!!




No comments :