Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 April 2016

Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire......




Well I set off bright and early yesterday and should have been at Headingley in plenty of time................little did I realise that Collingham would be at a standstill due to traffic lights and then when I got to the ground they made me park in Bradford ( well car park F which in my mind was nearly in Bradford!).

However  I got checked in at the best hotel in the world and then got my seat on the boundary and as there had been ice on the outfield ( yes ICE), play started at 11.30 am, really they were waiting for me to get myself sorted!!!!!

Well it all went a bit bandy before lunch, when they were  3 down, so I nipped round to see Dave Callaghan in the comms box with some cakes, bumped into the Chairman and had a chat and then hotfooted it back to the hotel  to   scoff my lunch and  get warmed up a bit.
The sun might have been shining but it was a bit brass monkey!

After lunch it all started to happen.

Long story short.

Lythy hit a century

Captain Gale was out for a duck ( boo that Maclaren the Hampshire bowler)

TLJL only managed 1 run before he was heading back to the dressing room ( boo that Wood the  Hampshire bowler )

Jonny Bairstow hit a century and will still be batting today with his partner Adil Rashid.

A good afternoon for the boys.

Hampshire are wearing very WHITE , whites ( well they were at start of play). They look rather odd when put up next to Yorkshire's cream, whites.

I tell you, bring back flannels and woolly pullies!! Proper jumpers are still the way forward.

Today has dawned cloudy and a tad windy although for me it doesn't really matter I might stay up in my room until after lunch and then venture out until tea.

I will be able to catch up with some of my Yorkshire friends.


I have set up camp for the next few days at the Headingley Lodge, luckily I am not in The boycott Room ( again) but I am on my second visit to the Matthew Hoggard room.
 No picture of Hoggy in here!!!

And now I am going to have a cup of coffee , gaze out of my window and watch the groundsmen do there stuff.

Until tomorrow!







No comments :