Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 April 2016

twits, odd bits and cricknits

Shrewsbury School cricknits!


Happy Saturday from Chateau de Champions/Cricknit Central.

I am super glad that it is Saturday as I can have 'time off' from office boys, yes indeed, I tell you they are ageing me faster than I should be ageing................upside, I can retire sooner and watch cricket.


El Presidenti of Middx CCC emailed me yesterday, so that we could get plans for the upcoming season put into some sort of order.

I am super excited about going to Lords as not only will I be seeing  'My Boys' and El Presidenti and the First lady, I will also be joined on one of the days by an old flame, yes an old cricket boyfriend is coming to spend the day with me, and he is an MCC member too so that's handy!!!
He also partners El Presidenti at cricket golf days so those two are as thick as thieves!!!
Should all be fun though


Last night was a super busy knitting night , Oh I remember when Friday was party night, not any more, I am knitting like a crazy knitting thing to get the orders dispatched before I head off to Headingley.
 I am taking knitting with me to do when I am tucked up in bed in the Headingley Lodge, and just in case of any precipitation. It should keep me out of mischief.

Today I have errands to run, 'stuff' to put on ebay and am going for an aromatherapy massage before I head out to the fancy dress party tonight where I will be resplendent as Mrs Doyle a la Father Ted and in the era when she was in love with Pat Mustard the Milkman.

For the uninitiated, you will be wondering if I have gone stark staring mad...........................for the rest of you in the know, you will realise that I have!!!  However if you are a Father Ted fan you will know exactly what I am talking about.


Right enough about me lets get some crickety news.

The BBC  website is asking the question,'can anyone stop Yorkshire this season?'

Cally Cricket doesn't think so, he highlights the strengths of the team and talks about the new signings, Willey and Travis head as well as the addition again of Kane Williamson.
They speculate over the team for the first match of the season, which includes His Royal Ryanness ( rightly so).
An interesting read if you haven't already.

Right off to empty the first load out of the washing machine.
County Championship getting closer but still mundane jobs to do!



No comments :