Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 April 2016

Thursday!




Yes it is Thursday and my second day back in the office, already I am shuffling dates around in my diary, bugging the life out of the ladies at the Headingley Lodge and  thinking about how much washing I have to do.

It is  also the second day of trying to clear my desk. As I have documented many times, when I am not cracking the whip, the boys do very little, however they still manage to leave mounds of paperwork on my desk in the hope that it looks as if they have been busy!

I spent yesterday morning tuned into the radio so that I could hear what was going on at Headingley, and to be honest Hampshire have been having a bit of a nightmare.
Their players are dropping like flies and with a squad of only 18 players to pick from it was not looking good as they lost Fidel Edwards.
It was that bad the even coach Dale Benkenstein took to the field, goodness me its a good job Terry the dressing room attendant wasn't with them, He might have been donning super white, whites too.

Hampshire really made Yorkshire earn their crust, and even with so many injuries, managed to hold the hosts to a draw.
Which I am happy with!
Alex Lees was once again out for very little, but Captain Gale put on 46 and TLJL hit 18 before being out after hitting a s**t shot ( very technical cricket term).

All in all it was probably not a result that Gillespie the Gallant would be happy with, but its early days!

I will now have a few quiet days in which to get myself turned round before the next match.

I had a chat with El Presidenti of Middx CCC last night and we are meeting on Saturday evening, for some food and a night on the town in Durham, before it all kicks off at Chester le Street on Sunday.

I will be seeing both El Presidenti and the First Lady quite a lot over the season (again) and to say that I am looking forward to it is an understatement! especially when I head off down to Lords in September

I am in full cricket mode now and am even managing to get the dates firmly planted in my head as to where I will be for the rest of the season

But first I have 14 working hours to complete before the weekend.

Have a good day y'all



No comments :