Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Not long now.......



Not long now until I head out on my first jolly of the season.
I am tonight packing my bag ( for the last time I hope) and getting everything  prepared  ready for an early start on Sunday morning.
You may be wondering why I am talking about this now, well preparation is everything and believe me with the amount of junk I lug about with me I need to be prepared.
The girls at The Headingley Lodge emailed me yesterday to say that they are all ready for my visit!
Now that's service!

Well, now then, to say that I was shocked to see that His Royal Ryanness was on the team sheet yesterday is an understatement, I would have thought that they would be resting him, does this mean that I don't get to see my doppelganger next week???!!!! Hmmm I am putting quill to paper and asking Gillespie the Gallant this question.

So what was happening at the Yorks match well..................
Jacky brooks was taking some wickets as did Karl carver and even his Royal Ryanness took one.
Leeds/Bradford were 225-8 at stumps.


Over at Trent Bridge,Notts took the upper hand against newly promoted Surrey, and enforced the follow on.
not a great day for the Southern boys but it was a great day for the slightly gorgeous Jackson bird!.


At Durham 'bambi boy' Keaton Jennings scored his 2nd century, I am sure that it won;t be his last as long as his legs hold out.
the slightly mad peter Trego hit 45 but Somerset looked to be struggling. I see this match being wrapped up today.


Sadly at the Ageas Bowl there was no play as it poured with rain all day making things very miserable and would have resulted in the  boys having to watch 'Jeremy kyle' and 'Cash in the attic'.
same thing for Worcestershire which stopped the lovely Jack Shantry from killing any more unicorns!

So early part of the season is in full swing and I have been told that at 4pm at Headingley yesterday it was 5 jumper weather!
Well best pack a few more in the bag for next week unless we get hit with a heat wave.

Have a great day, it is hosing it down here and has been all night!







No comments :