Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 April 2016

It's a very sad F(ryan)day






It is F(ryan)day and I am  should be so glad, I have only worked 3 days this week ( I could get used to that!!!) and to be honest it was three days too many!

However its a mean to an end, I go to work earn pennies, buy the odd tiara, and shoes and handbags, pay the mortgage and then spend the rest on cricket, cricket and more cricket.

it is however a very sad day and to be honest it has been a very sad week in the celebrity world.

Firstly on Wednesday  we heard that the multi talented Victoria Wood  had passed away and then last night as I got home from work, I heard the news that Prince had died!!!!

Ironically I had been listening to the soundtrack of 'Under the cherry moon' on the way home, and then to hear that he has died was just too much to take in.

A huge talent, Prince had released an album every year of his musical career, although a somewhat reclusive and very private person, his appeal was never lost to his fans.

A huge hole in the music world after the loss of David Bowie, got even bigger yesterday.

Please no more sad news, I am not sure we can take any more!

You will be able to spot me today as I will be wearing purple!


And now I  am gearing myself up for the last 7 hours of the working week, until freedom and a weekend in the company of the Middlsex CCC family.
It all kicks off tomorrow when I will be hitting the town with El Presidenti and the First Lady.

news filtered through that the injury sustained by Fidel Edwards on Wednesday at Headingley is a broken leg. this occurred when he was taking part in the now obligatory footy match at the end of the warm up session.
I have often questioned as to why they need a footy game which often looks reckless.

Is it because a lot of cricketers are frustrated footballers?
What next?
Pre match golf tournament for the frustrated golfers in them?

Team badminton?


Keep the warm up to cricket is my motto.
After all Australia lost Glenn Mcgrath the same way at Edgbaston!

right I am off to don my purple.

It's F(ryan)day so  'Lets go crazy', don your 'Raspberry beret' and rev up the 'Little Red Corvette'

Princes Rogers Nelson RIP


No comments :