Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 April 2016

I feel like its raining down on me!



As most of you know this is the view from my most favourite hotel in the world. Well it looks as if I will be staying there no longer!!!! ( I am wiping tears from my eyes as I type).
If you remember on my last visit I had to park out from the stadium parking that they advertise goes with the rooms. Well yesterday I received a letter saying that this was going to be permanent.

So I had to have a long hard think about this.

1. I book all my seasons stays at the Lodge ( which I do as soon as the fixtures are released)

2. Being a lone female  I like the security of being in the ground and being able to come and go in my car, with the car park being a teeny tiny step from the hotel.

3. I love the staff who are a credit to Leeds Rugby and Yorkshire Cricket.

4. Now I have to park in Car Park F and if I want to  go out in my car, I have to walk to the bottom of St Michaels Lane to get it and then walk back up to the hotel when I drop it off later. ( I'm not saying that Headingley is dangerous but  as a woman, you don't take chances)

5. I am very sad that I am having to look for alternative accommodation, in fact I am heart broken.
Especially as I am booked in for at least another  10ish nights over the season.

Looks like I will not be seeing this view again!

Oh well that's life I suppose.
I hope I  find somewhere else to stay soon. ( not easy now that the season is here!!!!!!)


Right down to other things, the weather was again taking its toll at Chester le Street and  after  numerous 'Umpire inspections' they decided to have a look at the outfield!!!!!! ( OK its an old joke but believe me this morning I am struggling to write anything let alone anything witty!!! ).
The match was abandoned at 3pm and declared a draw as only 14 balls had been bowled  in the day.

El Presidenti and The First Lady  started to wend their way home earlier than expected.
I am now gearing myself up to meet up with them again at Scarbados!!!!


My Boys  managed to get out to play at Birmingham and it all ended up a draw, the weather being a bit cruel to everyone this week.

And now the Yorkies will be getting ready to trundle into  Trent Bridge on Sunday.

I meanwhile am not sure what is going to happen in the next week or so. I should be at Headingley on Sun8th  & Monday 9th May but if I cannot find an alternative hotel ( and it's not looking promising)...........................well not sure.

Right I am off to adjust my mascara ( massacre more like) and  head off to the office.

All I need is more snow to make my day/week complete, and believe me with a thick frost this morning it is white outside!!!!!

Until tomorrow






No comments :