Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 April 2016

How lucky am I?




What is it that make the world go round?
Is it really money?
Well I think not, I personally do not believe that money makes you happy it just makes life easier, although we might think that this is what we want, is there more to life?

The last few years  have shown me that in my life friends and family are what makes my world go round.

In the past few days I have been treated like royalty ( which is nearly right as I am a Lady!) by my oldest and dearest friends Harry and Blossom Latchman, I have been welcomed into the fold of the upper echelons  of Middlesex CCC , and one of the executive committee was  even giving me updates on my beloved Yorkshire. They all knew where my loyalties lie, and were kind enough to  put that to one side and be very welcoming. From the President, to the Chairman and the Committee, they made sure that I was OK!

It looks as if its going to be fun in Scarbados and also at Lords in September!!

Once again I have met up with an Old Merchant Taylor, who spoke fondly of his years at the school ( as did one of the Yorkshire committee when he found out that I had worked there with Harry).

I will also add that when I was invited to be a guest of the Middx President at Headingley last year I was welcomed in the same way, by the Yorkshire committee and will always have very fond memories of those few days.

For me this is worth more than money and believe me money cannot buy it!

Now back to yesterday, in a day when we had all four season  ( and no Vivaldi!) the poor Southern boys were struggling with the cold, as Durham put on some runs, Mark Stoneman being on 139 no out over night.


Over in Birmingham rain caused a delayed start and when it did Ballance and TLJL set up their 100 partnership only for TLJL to fall shortly afterwards! I nearly cried!
an amazing knock by tail ender Steve Patterson  helped to pile on the runs and with a career best score of  62, I am guessing the beers were on him last night.

COME ON YORKSHIRE!!!

Today I am looking at 'bluey/ grey ' skies and believe me it was chuffing cold here last night but I am hoping that the weather is good to my boys in Birmingham .

I am having one last visit to The Riverside to see 'The Middlesex Massive', although we are now all focusing on Scarbadoos when we will meet again, this time it is WAR!!!

news form former besty county in the South , Hampshire is that they have signed Tino Best. Reinforce the windows and lock up your daughters!

Wrap up warm this morning, it really is more Winter than Spring





No comments :