Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 April 2016

Do I make my predictions????








So then, do I make my predictions for the upcoming season? which will see not two  teams going down a division  at the end of the season in preparation for the new regulations in 2017.

Well before I get to that I have to say that His Royal Ryanness is starting the season on 706 FC wickets and I predict that he will  get 735 by the end of the season. He is an ageing 'Rolls Royce' now, so although I would like more wickets I will content myself with 29.

Now Yorkshire were the last men standing against the ECB over the changes to the game in 2017 when we see 2 County Championship matches less, and more emphasis on T20 and One day games, which would be fine if they were played at weekends when 'working members' do not have to use holibobs to get to matches.

This year sees us still having 16 matches and I for one am going to make the most of them.

So how do I see the County Championship?

Well  I have to say Yorkshire don't I?, some pundits are predicting a win by Warwickshire, I think this is due to ' the man with no lips' not being recalled to England so far.
I think that his mind will be on another England cap and less on his County

The Monty Panesar roadshow trundles up to Northampton this season and he is another player who is thinking less about the county that is paying his wages and more about an England recall. I personally think this is about as likely as bouncers wearing umbrella hats when at work!

 So I am sticking with Yorkshire and will be cheering them on.

I think that Nottinghamshire will finish in the top 3 and that Durham could well struggle again this season. They  need some serious culling at that club!! and I know where I would start!!!!

And what about Middlesex???

Well in honour of my besty friends El Presidenti and First Lady of said county ( Harry and blossom to those in the know), I will let them finish 2nd in division 1, but only after we have thrashed them at Scarbella and Lords!


I am hoping that there are no 'big' jobs going on the World cricket circus which will see Gillespie the Gallants name thrown into the ring. He is staying at Yorkshire!!!! there I have spoken!!!!!


And today I am 10 days away from my first cricket match of the season.
can you tell that I am excited?????


YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE!!!!!














No comments :