Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 April 2016

Dizzy................................................









So last night I headed back over to Ladylaineyworkville  where I had organised for Gillepsie the Gallant and Cally Cricket to tip up at the Cricket club and do their thing for  sometime  work associate 'Headers'!

Well what a great night that was, I am still chuckling to myself now.  I know that a HUGE amount of money was put over the bar and also that a a lot of money was raised via the auction including some for Captain Gales benefit year.

Gillespie the Gallant regaled us with stories from his cricketing past and also gave a great insight into THAT episode last year when we thought that we were going to lose him to the England job.

We also heard about the greatest innings by a nightwatchman EVER!! And  the 9 hour innings was condensed into 20 minutes of very funny chat!

the Q & A produced some of the most bizarre questions,

'what did you think when you found out Shane Warne had bagged Elizabeth Hurley?' being just one!


There was much laughter and I think that from the tweets coming through last night, a great night was had by all.

I personally am now really looking forward to the upcoming season as I have been given a special invitation to an 'evening event ' when I am at The  Scarbados Festival.

What a lucky Lady Lainey I am!

Sadly todays weather does not match my mood as it is grey and overcast and raining!!! so we all know that that means!!!

Yes there will be no washing hanging out on the rotary dryer today, however I will be picking up besty friend Fran and heading down the A66 as we head off to the cinema, then back home for a right old gut bash!

But before that I have lots to do and not a lot of time to do it in, so I will bid you farewell and just say that if you get the chance to see 'Dizzy & Dave' it is well worth it.




No comments :