Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Day 3 in the big Yorkshire house!



Well yesterday dawned with sunshine and as I ventured out to the car in short sleeves I guessed we would be having a good weather day!
As I went to take  up residence on the boundary, I was approached by John Frobisher whom I had never met but had 'tweeted' a lot..
It was wonderful to finally meet him even though he gave me some very sad news.
At Scarbados a couple of years  ago a lovely couple sat with me and  I spent a wonderful afternoon with them. sadly the lady, Valerie passed away in January. so very sad and a lovely, lovely lady too.
however her wonderful husband came over to talk to me  and  we swapped many memories of a few hours we all spent together.

And then Craig, whom I met at a very drunken 'Melanoma UK' event ,you  may  remember that in a haze of free wine I smacked Jack Brooks on the bottom!!!! came over to join me.

 We had been in contact since the event and he thought that due to work schedules he would struggle to get to any matches, so imagine my surprise when  he turned up very unexpectedly yesterday. We passed a great and very cheery afternoon , basking in the sun and willing Yorkshire to take some wickets!
.
Nice camera by the way Craig !!

And then there was the cricket. well we waited a long time for a wicket and the pitch was not playing in Yorkshire's favour.. By close of play Yorkshire had still not bowled Hants out  and they passed the 'magical' 444 number to avoid the follow on.
So I was in a quandary did I cancel everything try to blag a bed at the lodge and stay one more day.

Lots of things were egging me on to doing this, however kiss of death was the fact that work, O & M's and all sorts of other 'boring', 'get in the way of cricket' things eventually won!


Will Yorkshire come out  in a full wicket taking frenzy this morning?

I chuffing hope so!

His Royal Ryanness is now sporting a 'hair do' VERY similar to that of I, Lady Lainey, I tell you, put him in a skirt, throw on some slap, and he could be me!!! ( and shave off his facial hair!)

Now I am in a tizzy as to whether I venture to Trent bridge in 2 weeks time, I  have been offered a bed for the night courtesy of Sophie and Terry and Jess, but I will have to  think long and hard as I have lots of cricknit orders to fill and not a lot of time to do them in!

OOOhhh!!! before I forget, I am currently reading ' The Good Murungu' by Alan Butcher ( I told you I read a lot), this is a brilliant book and a real insight into cricket in Zimbabwe.
I am over halfway through it  and loving it loads. if you haven't bought it, then do!!!


And so today I revert to 'office dragon' mode and  head off to sort out the mess that the boys will have made whilst they have been left to their own devices!

it's a crap job but someone has to do it!!!!!

No comments :