Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 March 2016

Sad news




well as they say it never rains but it pours, and yesterday it was pouring with tears, as the beautiful Zena  left us.
She was one of the most loving dogs and even when her arthritis was flaring up, would still hobble over with her newest favourite squeaky toy to let you have a play.
the past few months had been hard on her as she developed diabetes.
Sadly a sudden bout of gastroenteritis ( which the vet said is rife on the town at the moment) was more than her 12 year old body could cope with.

She is now at peace.

RIP Zena warrior Rottweiler

And that sort of took up my Saturday.

I half heartedly tried to do some housework but in the end I headed to bed.

Today is cold and misty  and  no chance of getting any washing out to dry ( at the moment), so it will be down to trying to sort out some more of my junk to dispose of.


In cricket yesterday ( which was the last thing on my mind). Scotland recorded their first T20 win in 21  attempts. Zimbabwe lost to Afghanistan who go through to the Super10.

the Netherlands held an emotional press conference as they were eliminated  without really even brandishing bat or ball, the weather being their foe.

They are playing Ireland today and I am hoping that they win.

England won their warm up match against New Zealia ( as it is known in the chateau).

And now I am going to start the second day on my vegan regime, so porridge with almond milk and banana and linseeds is the order of breakfast.

Until tomorrow.





No comments :