Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Prepare for a rant!!!!!



Not content with getting myself into a tizzy over Geoffrey trying to take my spot as 'The Queen of Yorkshire' I am now on the war path with The ECB!!!!.

They have announced their plans to restructure the County system and I for one am not too happy about it.

From next year the top division will have 8 teams rather than 9 and there will be 10 in the second division.
They have also reduced the number of County championship matches from 16 to 14...............................

and this is why I am in a full tiara throwing, cricket bat swirling, migraine inducing fury!!!!.

One day cup matches will be played in April and May ( in these parts cold enough to freeze your wotnots off) with a final in July , doing away with the usual end of season  match at Lords. this makes way for a block of T20 matches  in the second half of the season.
no two tier systems here until 2019, when we may be seeing the franchise system in operation.
Ah yes the joy of

Durham Dinosaurs,

Manchester Marauders

Taunton Twitchers

Southampton Swingers

well you get the drift!!!

So lets get back to losing 8 days of cricket next season.....................

I plan my holibobs around the county fixtures so that I can travel the 100 miles to Headingley or120 miles to Scarbados to see my beloved Tykes. ( and 15 miles to Chester le Street when they are playing there).

I pay my money to two clubs to ensure that I see cricket virtually every weekend and more.

I am disappointed to say the least.
As readers will know I am not a fan of T20 cricket but understand that it is a money spinner for the clubs  ( I will go on the bouncy castle at Chester le Street this season, I will!!) and a way to make money in a short space of time. ( beer being the top sales I imagine)

I have been berated on Facebook by a 'friend' who actually lives in Eastern Europe( and never goes to cricket), who tells me that ALL county grounds are empty for 1st class matches. Well I go, and they are not empty they just are unable to fill the super structures that have been built/ renovated  to accommodate test matches. ( the Riverside at CLS being one such and The Rosebowl at Southampton being another).


sadly no matter how much I scream and scream the decision is made and my plummy voice will have no impact.

I imagine that losing 8 days cricket will not reduce fees at the clubs either...................

oh dear don't get me started on that point.................




No comments :