Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Back to some sort of normality



Well luckily this morning there is very little to get me all stirred up.........................so we can look forward to the latter part of the week  with a sense of calm.

However just to say that the person who left a comment yesterday for one of my  blogs,  yes you were correct in my incorrect dates etc. sadly they chose to remain anonymous meaning that I cannot answer them.
Sometimes writing the blog at 3.30am  when you cannot sleep due to excessive pain , makes grasping information a little difficult.
I appreciate that I was wrong, but at least I put my name to it.

And so the  World T20, which kicked off properly yesterday.

Scotland were taking on Afghanistan and sadly lost.

Zimbabwe were taking on Hong Kong and won by 14 runs.

Today Scotland take on Zimbabwe and Hong Kong take on Afghanistan.

I have checked and double checked the BBC website to make sure that I am correct that these matches are being played today!!!

I was pointed in the direction of an article in The Yorkshire Post yesterday re 'Boycottgate'....................and it looks as if the members committee are calling the faithful to arms ( and not just I, Lady Lainey).
The concerns that they have are that

1. he would try to interfere with the coaching team despite saying that this was not his intention.

2. That he is out of touch with members

3.With this becoming all about 'Boycott' and not to do with the interests of Yorkshire, it shows signs of 'civil war' of the '80's

4. That fact that he thinks he  is always right makes him wrong for the role, ACTUALLY THE MEMBERS COMMITTEE DIDN'T SAY THAT, I DID!!!!!

I can see that it is going to get lively in the next couple of weeks.

after yesterdays blog about the future of the County championship, I am pleased to report that the feedback I have had is in line with my way of thinking.
I was a tad sick of hearing that T20 is the way forward.................how can 3 hours cricket ever replace 4 day County Championship or 5 day tests ( which will probably be downsized to 3 days of 'Tip and Run' at the next ECB meeting).

I do take on board that T20 is a great introducer for children, it can also be a very exciting form of the game and it brings in much needed funds to the clubs.

Oh dear it was all going so well and now I am off again.

best head of and take out my fury on the office boys.







No comments :