Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 March 2016

And breathe........


.............................I think I need to take a BIG breath after all the high jinx that was my Saturday.


After deciding to throw my tiara in the ring and ruffle Sir Geoffs feathers, I found out that I am too late......................................................for this year!!!

Will I,Lady Lainey  be looking to next year?

Well you never know and I think that a female voice might be a welcome addition to the gang.

That being said all eyes are now on the AGM which is less than  3 weeks away.
Make your vote count and lets make the club even greater than it is already.

And then we can all settle down and see how things pan out on the field.

'My boys' are all packing their speedos ready for their trip to The UAE, they fly out on Friday. So in reality the season is closer than we thought.
 The opening match sees Yorkshire take on Lancashire on Monday 14th March. We will all be expecting a resounding win against our enemies.

I have my case out of the garage already to pack for my jaunt to Headingley which is well over a month away, but it pays to be prepared! And yes I am taking a suitcase as I need to pack for every possible weather condition. it is only going to be April.
I have in previous years.

1. Acquired a lovely tan

2. Been soaked to the skin by torrential rain

3. seen snow falling

4. seen the sun shining whilst wrapped up in a blanket in minus temperatures.

and that was July at Chester le Street!!!!!



excitement is mounting  ( well OK that may be a slight exaggeration) as we are only days away from the  start of The World T20.  Although warm up matches are ongoing.

Today I am backing orange ( matches my hair) as The Netherlands take on Scotland.
England play their first match on 12th against New Zealia ( as it is know in these parts).


Well it is time to head off and do 'Lady Lainey' like things, which of course will involve some washing!!!

and hopefully if my back allows it I will be pottering in the extensive grounds of the Chateau. I need to do a 'site survey' of The Deer Park too as some of the railing are in need of a coat of paint......................even the thought of that had brought me out in a cold sweat............so might just go and have a coffee and a lie down!!
















No comments :