Powered By Blogger

Friday 26 February 2016

It's F(ryan)day


well it is F(ryan)day and the end of  my working week and hopefully the start of me feeling a little more energetic. Although I cannot be too energetic with my back being as it is, but at least the thought of a jaunt to the centre of the Universe tomorrow ( that's Leeds to the  uninitiated!) is filling me with excitement..

However before that I have to get through 7 hours of looking pretty in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.And boy do I think that there will be fireworks today, as I was informed yesterday that work form HQ in London is coming my way as they cannot cope with the workload, well to be honest nor can I  I am now with one extra draughtsman and another on the way. My thoughts are that London should employ more staff...........................but as it is cheaper to do it in the North East ( ie give it all to me) that's how it stands at the moment.

There is very little cricket news  as we are in the build up to the World T20 series which starts very very soon!!

Notts have lost Peter Siddle who cannot fulfil his contract this season due to a stress fracture in his back which  has ruled him out  and will involve lots of rehab.

Chris Lewis the former England player who was jailed after being convicted of drug smuggling is set to return to the game as a mentor for young players. He is working with the PCA to educate young players about the pitfalls that are around when they have money to burn.

Well lets hope that it works.

drugs and sport will always be a problem, in fact drugs will always be a problem fullstop.
Is 'mentoring' the way round this???

I myself am not sure but hope that the name of cricket does not continue to be blighted with drug related stories.
Right its a short one today as its work and then off to Chateau Saltcurn for an eveing with the Dame before heading 'back home' to Leeds tomorrow.

Have a great F(ryan)day whatever you do!.






No comments :