Powered By Blogger

Saturday 27 February 2016

It's an away day






Woohooo it is Saturday and it is an away day!
Yes the Dame and I are off to Leeds,sadly not the Headingley area of Leeds but we are going to the Harvey Nichols area which is equally brilliant.

We are having lunch at Smoke BBQ our restaurant of choice in Sheffield and now available in Leeds!!!


Well I am actually super flipping tired this morning as I was woken up in the wee small hours by the 'slumber orchestra'. Dame Didi and youngest monster nephew both snoring, one in the room below me and then other in the room across the landing from me.
Eventually I managed to drift off only to be woken up by the Dame coughing and then a cock crowing ( who the flip has a cockerel around by Dame Didi's chateau???) and then an owl started hooting its head off.
Time to get up I thought and so here I am.......................totally exhausted.

Well news form the cricket world............................................
...................and I don;t like to say I told you so but Steve Finn is now out of the World T20 due to a calf injury.
He is being replaced by Liam Plunkett who needs to keep himself fit if he is to really get a bite of the cherry. I think that they will keep him on the bencjh and only play him if hey really need to.

I think that Finn is ruling himself out of any future Enlgand call ups, or what I really mean is that England need to stop selecting him!!!

Kent have also relaeased Ben Harmison  after four seasons with the club. Ben went ot Kent after spells with Durham where he spent most of his time in the 2nd XI and following in the wake of his older ( and very boring) brother.
I am surmising that he will be back in Durham 2nd's this season!!!!


He has spent the winter playing football for Ashington FC the club that is managed by his brother.Who said nepotism was dead!

At the local charity bookstall yesterday I managed to pick up some fab cricket books, one being the  autobiography of Alec Stewart.
I posted a picture on Twitter and would you 'Adam and Eve' it, Surrey contacted me and have offered to get the book signed by the great man himself!.
A wonderful gesture by the Club and one very happy Lady Lainey.


Right I now haver to get myself dressed and off to Leeds.

Have a great day, Ii know that I will.

No comments :