Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 February 2016

half way there ( again)




Well it is mid week which means that I have nearly made it half way through the working week and I am closer to the weekend and lying around ( or at least balancing on one buttock to avoid pain) and doing nothing.

However I have to get through the remainder of work at Super Swanky Lady Lainey office before I can do any of that.

News from  around the cricket counties see the  retirement announcement by David Balcombe, ex Durham University boy and Hampshire boy, who had seen the last couple of season out at Surrey. Which probably explains why he is leaving the county and going off to work for the 'He who must not be named in the blog' Foundation.
I wish him well and will hope that it is a success for him.


I had been given the heads up and all the info on a job working for The BBC for the upcoming season..................sadly not in Yorkshire but in Derbyshire. I was contacted again yesterday by the lovely editor asking if I was going to be applying for the position.
It was with great sadness that I had to decline, I have no journalistic experience ( however if you read the Mail online, it appears that none of their writers have either) but have masses of enthusiasm and passion for the game,  I did however feel that this was not enough and took myself out of the equation.
It would have been an amazing season if I had got the job..........................imaging me trying to be enthusiastic about another county!!!!

Now if anyone from the BBC in Leeds is reading this and wants a roving reporter to follow the team around for the season,I'm your Lady.....................I follow them around  most of the season anyway.

Here in the North East of Blighty we are being subjected to hideous weather and yes I know that it is winter, but that still doesn't mean that I have to like it.
We have been having regular falls of snow and then last night it was blowing a hooley and lashing down with rain.
I seriously want to hibernate for the next month or so, that way at least my poor coccyx would be on the mend and I might be feeling a bit more 'perky'.

Well sadly no hibernation for the wicked, so guess I will head off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and sort out the boys.

Ohhhhhh BBC please come and rescue me!!!!!!!







No comments :