Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Counting down



I am on countdown to my first cricket of this year and although the days are in double figures I know that it will not be long before I am back at 'home' at Headingley.

I am sooo excited that I already have my bag packed ready to go, well almost packed as I have no idea what the weather will be like, which never really stops me as I take enough clothes to last me a fortnight!

I had a long chat with my Hynotherapist yesterday regarding 'self esteem' and self worth.
We were discussing how some woman tend to try to be like someone, and channel all their energy ( and money) into having the clothes, cosmetics, body etc like their idol. Sometimes even going to the extremes of surgery to be more like the person they admire.

I have never had an 'idol' that I wanted to copy, I prefer being me ( and that's flipping time consuming I can tell you). I don't 'long' to have hair like 'so & so', or to only wear a particular brand of makeup because 'my idol' does.

I am who I am, I am 6 ft 3in tall, I cannot change that,
 I have mad curly hair which I could straighten if I wasn't so lazy.
 I have a scar on my right cheek the result of a horrendous car accident when I was 17. No plastic surgeon in the world can make my face look like it did before the accident.
I accept  all of this and that I am an individual and to be honest I like being me.
There is no one famous or other wise that I would like to copy.
I have no desire to covert anyone else's life or look.

The grass may look greener on the other side, but that is usually because it has been fertilised with 'b*llsh*t.

Oh dear.................so early in the morning/week to be on a little rant.

Lets see if there is any cricket news to brighten up my morning

Ah yes!!!!His Royal 'Rolls Royce' Ryanness  has been  chatting about his approaching 19th season in cricket and about the upcoming bowling stars of Yorkshire. He has talked about his role as a senior player to help to nurture the younger players.
Senior he might be but with a 41 wicket haul last season  he is hardly resting on his laurels.
He didn't however speculate on this season.


And late afternoon I have an interview, it was all put together rather hurriedly last night.
So I will head off to see what they have to offer.

And now I am heading out to see what the weather has to offer as it has been blowing a hooley all night and I have been awake since 3.45am.

I feel a nap coming on as soon as I get into Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.






No comments :