Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Tired old Tuesday

Time and tide wait for no Lady and this morning I am struggling to do the simple things................get out of bed!!!
It is pouring with rain and it is flipping freezing but what do we expect it is winter and at least there is none of the dreaded white stuff falling from the sky!

I have been trying to get into my work clothes without any part of my body being exposed to the elements, I resemble a cross between Harry Houdini and a patient in a padded cell.

However in warmer climes South Africa decided to hush their critics and rack up some runs with captain Amla ending the day on 157 not out.
Day 3 looks as if  England have some serious bowling to do.

I am as we speak, preparing my predictions for the coming season which I hope to publish later in the week.

The papers are still full of 'hero' Stokes.................ahhh but they can turn from hero to villain in the blink of an eye.

Take Chris Gayle for instance, he is hailed as a maestro with the bat, more often than not, but then he goes and lets himself down during an interview.
Yes he shows his hideous chauvinistic side whilst being interviewed by a lady. This is not the first occasion that he has done this and to be honest if he did it to me I would have to poke him in the eye with the mic!
It's hard to be female in a cricket world regardless of the upsurge in womans cricket.
I know, as I am usually a lone female at cricket and have been targeted as 'fair game' in the past.
My love of cricket far exceeds anything else.

A lot has been made of 'Gaylegate', but I think that the less publicity he gets the better and he should think before he opens his mouth. To me he comes over as an arrogant, ego inflated baffoon.
Prove yourself at what you do best!!!

And so endeth the rant for today.

It a Strikers day today 'Go Strikers'.

Lets see them have another brilliant win that I can come home to tonight and watch.

well I hear the sound of pouring rain which signals time to leave the warm confines of Temperance Towers and head off down the A1.

Have a good day where ever you are.





No comments :